We’re halfway through 2022, and it felt like the right time to take stock of all we’ve accomplished during the past 6 months—and to give you a preview of all the exciting updates planned for later this year!
If we were to summarize the last 6 months for Tally Ho, two words come to mind: Build and Grow. Both the wallet and the DAO have seen tremendous growth. On the product side, tons of new features have gone live, and it’s clear in which direction the wallet needs to move next.
Likewise, the DAO has taken the reins on forming an organizational structure and executing on its key priorities. More on that later in this blog.
We’ve made dramatic improvements to the Tally Ho wallet this year. After launching an early ‘Community Edition’ of the wallet in December 2021, we’ve prioritized adding the features you told us you cared about most:
- An awesome Ledger integration
- In-wallet swaps—with way lower fees than MetaMask, and all of them going to the DAO
- An Overview tab—so you can easily view balances across all your accounts
- The ecosystem’s first native Sign-In With Ethereum feature (our first feature developed fully by an outside contributor!)
- Full ENS support + Full Unstoppable Domains Support
We completed a security audit of the wallet keyring (Least Authority Audit) and we’re happy to say Tally Ho managed to stay safe from a ‘Demonic’ vulnerability that impacted many other web3 wallets.
Tally Ho developers and contributors have also made massive improvements in both polish and quality. This is owed in no small part to everyone who shared their feedback and reported bugs. We couldn’t do it without you!
What’s next for the wallet?
We’ll be releasing major enhancements to the wallet throughout the year, following the requests we’ve heard from you. Expect to see support for Polygon and NFTs coming ASAP! Soon after we plan to introduce:
- Optimism support
- Arbitrum support
- Ways to earn
- Ways to learn
- Tons of other great updates to make Tally the safest and easiest web3 wallet out there.
The last 6 months have revolved around becoming a functional organization as a DAO. Defining focus areas and goals, and setting up the structure, tools, and working groups we need to facilitate this.
Here’s where we are on the path to launching the full DAO:
- Jan - Jun 2022—Pawdnership Packs were created, which has led to Tally Ho being integrated by the biggest projects in DeFi—Curve, Synthetix, Boardroom, Snapshot, Yearn, Compound, Lido, and many more.
- Feb 2022—Proposal to commit 2.5% of the token supply to fund public goods on Ethereum via Gitcoin Aqueduct
- March 2022—Community Multisig Deployed
- March 2022—DAO structure proposal presented
- April 2022—On-chain governance laid-out
- 2022—Community Notion created
- March - June 2022—Tally Ho’s Gitcoin Grant received massive support, with over $50,000 donated to date.
We’re building Tally Ho for the long-term, so before launching the on-chain DAO, it’s important that we have a strong foundation in place. Here’s how we are building on our progress:
- Finding a new, permanent name for Tally Ho
- Sharing our formal statement of values with the world
- Holding elections for leadership roles in the DAO–pack leads, elder doggos, and delegates
- Continuing to build up our Growth, Build, and Ops packs
- Using our Gitcoin contributions to support open source developers
That brings us to one last question some of you may be asking: What are the plans for the token launch?
TL;DR expect the Tally Ho token to launch later this year.
As you can see from the recap above, our volunteer community of developers, growth hackers, artists, memelords, translators, and intrepid testers has achieved extraordinary results in 2022. The token launch will help align future community efforts and enable long overdue recognition of our early community in the form of influence in the Tally Ho protocol.
Right now our developers, designers, and community leaders are laser focused on two things:  delivering an absolutely incredible wallet and  creating the strongest possible foundation for the DAO. It’s important these are both in place so we can have a wide, equitable token release and that the community has legs over the long term. As all of the off-chain components for our DAO come together this summer, and as we continue to deliver on product, we’ll be in a great position to release the token in the months ahead.
Want to know more about the token itself?
Check out this forum post for details on the fair launch mechanisms we’ve been discussing, as well as high-level thoughts about whom may be included.
We are extremely excited for what’s to come, and look forward to taking this path together!